Americas roundup: Dollar rises on U.S. yields, Euro falls, Wall street end slightly higher, U.S. Crude up, shrugs off domestic Crude stock rise, investors await ECB meeting-april 26th, 2018
• US w/e MBA Mortage Application, -0.2%, 4.9% previous.
• US w/e Mortgage Market Index, 398.5, 399.4 previous.
• US w/e MBA Purchase Index, 262.4, 262.4 previous.
• US w/e Mortgage Refinance Index, 1,145.5, 1,1149.5 previous.
• US w/e MBA 30-Yr Mortgage Rate, 4.73%, 4.66% previous.
• Germany trims 2018 growth forecast but remains upbeat.
• U.S. Supreme Court leans toward upholding Trump's travel ban.
• U.S. Congress girds for fight over expected Trump spending cuts.
• Trump and Apple CEO Cook meet at White House with trade the focus.
• Russia, betting on EU Trump talks, keeps powder dry in Rusal row for now.
• Friends or not, France's Macron challenges Trump in Congress speech.
• French central bank urges liquidity stress tests for funds.
Looking Ahead - Economic Data (GMT)
• 25 Apr 23:50 Japan w/e Foreign Bond Investment, 797.6 bln previous
• 25 Apr 23:50 Japan w/e Foreign Invest JP Stock, 308.3 bln previous
• 01:30 Australia Q1 Export Prices, 2.8% previous
• 01:30 Australia Q1 Import Prices, 2.0% previous
Looking Ahead - Events, Other Releases (GMT)
• 07:30 Riksbank interest rate decision and monetary policy report
• 08:30 BoE's Executive Director Alex Brazier will participate in conference in London
• 09:00 The Riksbank will hold a press conference on the interest rate decision in Stockholm
• 11:45 ECB Governing Council meeting, followed by interest rate announcement in Frankfurt
• 12:30 ECB President Mario Draghi holds a press conference after an interest rate meeting in Frankfurt